烘焙，IT'S IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THE RECIPE EXACTLY,RIGHT DOWN TO THE SIZE OF THE PAN. EVEN THE SMALLEST CHANGE CAN CAUSE A RECIPE TO FAIL.
Dough Didn't Rise
- Your liquid may have been the wrong temperature.Using an instant read thermometer is the best way to know it's correct.
- 您的酵母可能不新鲜，不应超过有效期使用。Even with a good expiration date yeast has a short shelf life once a package is opened.Even with the small packets,once it's opened,yeast should be tightly sealed and kept in the freezer,not refrigerated.
- You used the wrong size pan.Using a larger pan than is noted lets the dough spread sideways instead of rising upwards.
- You changed the recipe.按照配方,是很重要的paying attention to every detail.
Dough Too Dry
- 你量面粉前没有充气。Flour always settles in the bag or container and must be aerated before measuring;otherwise,you will be using too much flour.To aerate flour,using a large spoon or spatula,stir the flour around to incorporate some air.
- You measured the flour incorrectly.To measure flour,use a flat-topped measuring cup,用勺子轻轻地将充气面粉倒入杯中，直到面粉堆在杯口上方，然后用刀背将多余的面粉铲平。Do not tap the cup or the container of flour.
- You used too much liquid or not enough flour.使用专用量杯测量液体，把它放在一个平坦的表面上，在眼睛的高度观察，以确保你的液体在正确的位置。
- 你在测量前筛过面粉，which would cause you to use less flour than required.
- No.You do not need sugar to activate the yeast. This is a half-true old wives tale left over from when yeast wasn't preserved as well as it is today.
- No.热水不会杀死酵母。Today's yeast is more sturdy and accommodating than years ago and can tolerate water or liquid up to 130 degrees F.The killing point for yeast is 140 degrees F.（平均自来水温度约为120-125华氏度-我的自来水温度为127华氏度）
点击这里for ideas on where to rise dough.
点击这里for the difference between baking powder & baking soda.