Roasting Brussels sprouts makes them kind of sweet and they are a must-eat.Besides protecting against inflammation and cancer,they're especially high in vitamin K,which promotes healthy bones and proper brain function.-Jenny Jones
- 1 pound small Brussels sprouts (or larger ones cut in half)
- 1 pound baby potatoes,whole & unpeeled (or fingerling potatoes cut in half)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic,crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- juice of one small lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place vegetables in a bowl or plastic bag and toss with oil,garlic,salt & pepper.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes,shaking the pan a few times.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice and parmesan.