There's only one rise with this simple and easy recipe for a soft whole wheat loaf with no egg.It works with either honey or sugar.Oil should be at room temperature and ALWAYS AERATE YOUR FLOUR BEFORE MEASURING.-Jenny Jones
- 1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose or 徳赢彩票游戏bread flour
- 2 teaspoons (1 packet / 7 grams) instant yeast (or active dry yeast)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% milk,heated to 120-130° F for instant yeast (or 110-120°F for active dry)
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey (or sugar)
- about 1/4 cup additional all-purpose or 徳赢彩票游戏bread flour
- Place flours,yeast & salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in milk,followed by oil and honey.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Add about 1/4 cup all-purpose or 徳赢彩票游戏bread flour until dough forms a mass.
- Place dough on floured surface and knead 50 turns.
- Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape into a loaf and place in greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm spot until it's doubled in size,about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375° F & bake for 25 minutes.After the first 15 minutes,I cover the top of the loaf with a foil tent to prevent over-browning.