TIPS:You'll need a pan at least 8 inches across to fit the spaghetti which you break in half.Use a box grater to shred the beets.Stirring is important so the spaghetti doesn't stick.-Jenny Jones
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic,crushed
- 2 cups peeled & shredded raw beets (one 6 ounce baseball size beet)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 5 ounces spaghetti,broken in half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Place oil and garlic in a sauté pan.Bring to medium-high heat.
- When garlic starts to sizzle,cook & stir for 1 minute,watching not to burn.
- Add shredded beets,water,spaghetti,salt & pepper.Stir well.
- Bring to a boil,cover and reduce heat.Cook for 10 minutes,stirring well every 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Note:There's more on this recipe in my blog.click here.