Use the best quality jarred sauce you can - it makes a difference.I use Silver Palate brand.I find the best way to stir so the spaghetti doesn't stick together is twisting and turning it with a large fork.Keep the sauce at a low boil at all times - too high and you'll cook off too much liquid.-Jenny Jones
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove of garlic,crushed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 25 ounce jar (2 2/3 cups) good quality Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- In a large pan or pot on medium-high heat,sauté the onion & garlic for 1 minute.
- Add beef.Cook & stir until pink is gone - about 3 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce.Use 1 1/2 cups water to rinse out the jar and add water to sauce.
- Break spaghetti in half and scatter over sauce.Stir,reduce heat,cover and cook for 13 minutes,每2分钟用叉子搅拌一次，把意大利面扭开。Keep it at a low boil,not to cook off too much liquid.
- While spaghetti cooks,inspect spinach and remove thick stems and bad leaves.
- After 13 minutes quickly pile spinach on top of sauce,cover and cook for 2 more minutes.Spinach will steam on top.
- Stir in spinach,cover and cook 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.Add Parmesan,salt & pepper.(Leftovers can be reheated in a pot or pan.Just add a little water,cover and reheat on low heat,stirring a few times.)
Want To Make 1/2 Recipe??Just reduce all ingredients by half and use 1 1/3 cups of sauce.
Note:There's more on this recipe in my blog.Click here.