It's best to have all ingredients at room temperature and be sure to aerate your flour before measuring.I make these with cold pressed avocado oil.Works great with chocolate chips too.-Jenny Jones
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar (1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With electric hand mixer on medium-high,beat oil,sugar,egg & vanilla in a bowl for 1 minute.
- On low speed,stir in oats,flour,baking soda & salt.
- Fold in raisins.
- Using a scoop,shape into 2-inch balls and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes.Do not over bake.
- (Recipe can be doubled.)
Note:Can also be made with all butter or half butter / half oil,as long as you have 4 tablespoons of fat.That version is under the"Sweets"category.